Media CoverageSeptember 17, 2013
Geographic and intellectual journeys lead Sarah Wilkins to Knauss Fellowship. More.
September 16, 2013 More.
If you are interested in contributing to this area of scholarship, please inquire with a resume and brief statement of interest to me at: email@example.com, or via LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jsilb
Welcome to our graduate research group!
We are interested in the environmental conservation of landscapes and regions in a changing global environment. We combine geospatial analyses, modeling, and scenario approaches to inform innovative conservation strategies and design. We explore human-nature dynamics, undertaking work in climate adaptation, ecosystem services, spatial literacy and geo-design. Special areas of conservation interest include:
- Great Lakes forest landscape scenarios
- Place-based learning and stewardship in coastal communities
- International crane conservation (Grus spp) in Wisconsin and China
- Climate adaptation strategies in India
- Bioregional systems & ecosystem services (e.g.: food security, community food production, pollination services, wild rice (Zia sp.), maple sugaring)
- Leopold-Riley cooperative conservation area in Wisconsin